About Me

My photo
My name is Lashonda Rene' Pruitt. I was born and raised in Bay Springs, MS. I moved to Mobile in the year of 1997 where I finished high school at John L. LeFlore in 2000. I currently attend USA where I'm majoring in Secondary Education and a minor in History.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Effective Teaching stategies

What makes a good teacher:

What makes a good teacher? Like all good recipes, the ingredients for a teacher's success in the classroom are simple, easy to follow, and allow for personal interpretation to enhance the result. Primarily, a teacher's goal is to motivate her students to reach beyond their grasp. Many children are keenly aware of their weaknesses and special education students are particularly sensitive to being "different". A good teacher helps the child realize her strengths and encourages and challenges the student to learn through those strengths. It is in the day to day process of reaching this goal that the ingredients for making a good teacher come into play.

No comments: